Experienced Cake Decorator
Experienced Cake Decorator
Will pay up to $17.00 an hour with experience.
Full - Time opportunity, excellent benefits package.
Position Objective: To assist customers in their shopping experience by providing them with beautifully decorated baked goods in the most efficient, friendly, and courteous manner possible.
Reporting Structure: This position formally reports to the Bakery Manager.
Status: This is a non-exempt position.
The following is a list of any certifications, formal education, or training requirements for this position.
- A valid driver’s license is required for deliveries.
- A food handling permit must be obtained within the first 14 days of employment.
- Completion of ongoing training and development as listed on the Cosentino Learning Plan.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
The following is a list of the basic skill requirements for this position.
Essential Job Functions
- Know and implement the Cosentino Customer Service Standards.
- Consult with customers to determine the bakery items that best meet their needs and clearly document all orders to ensure follow through on service requests.
- Know your department products, procedures and policies so that you can accurately and courteously answer customer questions.
- Decorate various bakery items in a neat, creative and visually appealing manner.
- Merchandise cases to ensure fullness, freshness, and attractiveness of displays to promote sales.
- Effectively prepare, package and label product for sale.
- Rotate fresh product into cases, coolers, and freezers to prevent the sale or use of stale/outdated product.
- Be able to efficiently operate, clean and maintain cake decorating equipment, such as air brush, edible images, etc.
- Know, comply with, and encourage other team members to comply with all health regulations, sanitation guidelines and safety procedures for your department and your store.
- Able to operate, clean and maintain all equipment safely and competently.
- Meet or exceed productivity standards to produce desired team and individual results.
- Actively work to keep your work area and the department as a whole clean and safe for customers and coworkers.
- Resolve customer complaints in a professional manner and recognize when it is appropriate to involve a member of the store management team.
- Demonstrates the strong verbal and interpersonal skills necessary for positive customer and peer interactions.
- Demonstrates the basic math and reading skills required for the position.
Non-Essential Job Functions
- Promoting sales by suggesting additional products and offering samples.
- Efficiently restock bakery ingredients each day and notify the bakery manger of items that should be reordered.
- Quickly and neatly stock incoming bakery ingredients in their designated areas without damaging merchandise.
- Previous experience may be required in order to maintain the level of decorating skill and speed required of this position.
- Support your company by completing additional tasks identified by management, assisting other stores or departments as needed and gaining new skills when necessary.